Monday, May 11, 2009

This n That

Lily gets funnier (more funny) every day. A while ago, she snuck a treat one day so I told her NO more until tomorrow. She came back at me with, "BUT...if I go potty, I get a mimi (Translation: M&M)?" I wasn't quick enough to outsmart her, since I had created conflicting rules and had to break ONE of them, I couldn't decide which. So while I slowly answered, "Yes, but..." she darted off to the bathroom, went potty, then returned with a big grin on her face and her hand outstretched, awaiting her earned reward.
Then we introduced her to Juan, the maintenance man, and when asked if she could say his name, she quickly jumped in with her answer: "TWO!!" Because obviously, Juan, two...
When I do something she doesn't like, she tries to send me to timeout, points her fingers at me and sternly says "Stay, fomommeemomee minutes". I'm not sure what the middle is, but the look is what cracks me up! She often tries to turn the tables of mommy/daughter roles when she knows she's in trouble!
She makes me smile with her new princess catch phrases: "My Daddy is my Prince", "My home is my castle", and when asked her name, "Lily Belle Huff Princess".

Avery is wanting to walk and is wasting away...I can't figure out how to make her take a bottle, and she isn't getting enough milk. Her weight is in the 3rd percentile, which is at least on the charts as it wasn't a month ago. She eats like a tank but doesn't keep it in, I guess. Any advice?
She is darling and cuddly, loyally following Lily everywhere and driving her crazy. Aren't little sisters great? Of course, my little sister was very patient with me bugging her with my problems...I was the one tagging along after Jennie and causing her grief. But it's good to know it all works out and that your sisters are eventually your best friends.

I've missed so much I wanted to write about and have now forgotten! Shame on me. Lily likes to help say her own prayers now and definitely has a one-track mind. She usually picks one thing she's thanful for and says thank you for it as many times as she can before we help her out a little with the end. Her usuals are Reagan, Cori, parks, her prince, sugar, chapstick, and Avery.
Pictures soon and hopefully more often. We'll post when we find out about Seminary and congrats to Ry on graduating! HE FINALLY DID IT!!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

I've been wanting an update, whoo hoo! :)
Mariah was the same way weight-wise until she was about three?!?!? Ate tons yet didn't gain? They did check her for celiac disease and a few other things, though, so you probably want to make sure your doc checks that all out, just in case. If you can, get her to eat more protein and fat...my doctor suggested those Kraft american cheese slices and puree-ing meat into her pasta sauces, etc. Hope that helps?!
Love you and glad to hear more sweetness about your little ones...miss you!

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

ditto on the weight thing too. It must be a boothe trait or something. Too bad it doesn't stick with us!!! ;-) My kids are always off the charts or a very low percentil too. So don't worry...hope your birthday events happen and the boys are excited to have lil and her baby sister stay with us!!!

T.J. and Jennifer Miner said...

Hey Val,
You are obviously not alone worrying about your little one gaining weight. Draeven has only gained 6 oz in the last 7 months. The Dr. says that as long as he has lots of energy and is eating not to worry, so I try not to. Sounds like your adorable girls are keeping you on your toes! Congrats to Ryan!

Louie said...

And remember--your grandma Donna Jones only weighed 13 pounds when she was one year old! It does run in the family.