Sunday, February 7, 2010

SAYONARA NISSAN




IN MEMORY OF TAPANGA
Yep! We sold our car. What a trooper! When we took it in to get it inspected for safety it wouldn't pass. It would cost us several THOUSAND dollars to fix and we decided it wasn't worth it. So...Ryan posted an ad on KSL and tried to sell it for 300 dollars. We had one phone call about the ad within 30 seconds. Then we had 20 more calls within 30 minutes and also 15 text messages. The next day we recieved several more calls and texts. The first man who called actaully came and test drove it that night and purchased the car. We sold it to him for 200 dollars and called it good.
Although we girls LOVE the new van, we were sad to see the car go. All well. When we purchased the car, Ryan said that the car had to last at least until graduation. Even though it did run on faith and prayers, it did its job and we are grateful to have had it.
Plus, SCORE...I LOVE my new Van!!!! And I'm not afraid to drive anywhere! It's awesome.

5 comments:

Louie said...

Funny how attached we get to our cars, isn't it?

Keri said...

I agree with Mom...I still get sad when I see our neighbor driving our old Honda that we sold to him (he's a DIY guy, so could fix it affordably)...congrats on the new van...I'm sure it's much easier to get the kids in and out of!

torri said...

So....wait? You're gonna have another baby!?!? Or is that just for future reference? We really need to visit!!

Tiffany said...

**Moment of silence**

Post pictures of your new van! Is it a mini-van? I guess you will need one with THREE car seats, holy cow! I hope you are feeling decent now Val!

Unknown said...

What your a mini-van mom?!! Congratulations! As for the car....you know when a very old relative is sick and its better to see them go because it lessens their pain, your car was probably like that. Good for memories but not much for working. That kind of sounds insensitive. Lets focus on the van again. Love it.
Also thank you so much for that sweet birthday email. It seriously made my day. I am so glad to have you as my "sister" ;)!