Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Alison


Welcome to our new baby!
Our beautiful daughter, Alison Catharina (pronounced Cat-a-reen-a), was born August 5at 11:01am. I went in to be induced at 7 that morning, but at 8 my midwife broke my water and she was born 3 hours later! All went very well and Alison and I are healthy and recovering quickly. She weighed in at 8lbs 1oz and is 18.5" long. Ryan and my mom were here being great supporters while I delivered. I love them so much!
Wonderful Wendy watched the two big sisters the night before and brought them to meet their sister yesterday evening. Avery immediately jumped up on the stool by her bassinet and said, "My tiny baby!" and Lily keeps calling her Catharina, which apparently is a beautiful princess name, or peanut, which is her silly name for everything and then Lily laughs hysterically at herself. :-)
Thanks to all the fam and friends and your phone calls, texts, visits, dinners, help, gifts, and prayers. We are so lucky and we love you all so much!

13 comments:

Tawny said...

Congratulations!!

Keri said...

She IS a princess, Val! (Now you have THREE princesses!!) :)
Congrats again and again...so happy all went well!

Stacy said...

Cute baby..need more pictures! hehe Thanks for letting us visit.

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

Congrats all five of you!!! P.S. I like the name

snaylorfam said...

Yay!! we are so excited for you. She is beautiful.

Georgadele's Citadel said...

Congrats Val!

Topher and Carma said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so sweet - how fun to have all girls. Hope everything is going great.

Lacie said...

CONGRATS!

T.J. and Jennifer Miner said...

Yay! Congrats we are so glad to hear that everything went so smooth and little Alison is here safe and sound. Can't wait to meet your third beautiful princess!

torri said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! I miss you! I wish we both lived in Utah Valley so I could come hold your sweet baby girl or watch all three of them so you two could go on a date! I am so baby hungry!

Stephanie said...

Yeah for new babies! She is beautiful. We hope you guys are doing well! Call if you need something. Love Steph

Amber said...

Congratulations! Glad everything went smoothly and quickly!

No said...

Congratulations!!! I really will call you back :). We are just getting settled in the new place, so tomorrow I might have a brain that functions (which is something I generally like to have for conversation).

She is beautiful, and so is the princess name :)