Sunday, November 1, 2009

Treat!











How fun are kids on Halloween? Even when they are sick over the toilet and having diarrhea all night and all day. I know we were being a little silly, but we took Lily to the doctor yesterday morning after only 12 hours of being sick because I was afraid it might be salmonella, which is NOT fun. When I had it, the doctor told me I should have come in within the first 48 hours to get a shot, but Lily's doctor said they don't test for it until after at least 3 days, and don't treat it at all because it extends the carrier period....??? Of course I find that out AFTER I'd been saving her many "deposits" in a ziploc all day so they could have a stool sample. Argh! Ah well, my poor girls had a rough day with being so sick, but were feeling well enough by dinner that we wanted to let them trick-or-treat at a couple of houses. Thanks to their talented Grandma H, they had the most gorgeous princess dresses of all time and I didn't have to concoct the flamingo outfit that Lily had been asking for. Once she saw her Cinderella dress, she was sold! She even insisted on wearing it to the doctor because I'd been telling her all week to save it for Halloween! When we did go trick-or-treating, Lily quickly gave up on the "trick" part of the game and just starting calling out "Treat!" at the last couple doors. Smart girl. Avery was occupied with looking at her reflection in the metal plate along the bottoms of the doors and saying, in surprise every time, "Pretty!" :-)
The food for the day was underutilized since the girls couldn't eat most of it and had little appetite. We had "ghosts on toast" (boiled eggs) and witch pizza and black cat jello....and I had fun decorating the zucchini bread cupcakes.
Also, I am a bad mother and FINALLY just had our family pictures taken for the first time since Avery was born! Yipes. But HOORAY because they turned out so well and I can't wait to get them up on the wall!
We've been able to visit grandparents and friends lately - picking apples, riding tractors, having brunch with my very good friend - I love you AM! We love being so close!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

cute pictures...happy birthday bro....sorry I missed you, but I was thinking about you. hope that you had a great one....

Tiffany said...

How did I miss this post? I don't think it showed up on my blog list so I'm glad I came to check up on you! Your family pictures are great! What a good looking family...Those girls of yours are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!
I hope everything is going well for you all, we miss you!

No said...

Dood....I can't believe how grown-up you look! Who gave you permission to age past 6???

Love you!

Mikela

sachiko said...

Huff Choro
Akemashite Omedeto!
I tried to send you an email before but it didn't reach you.

Now you have two cutest girls!
Hope your new year will be filled with joy and happiness.
Please say hi to your parents for me.
Sachiko Honda

Keri said...

Val, that one close-up photo of Lily outside is ADORABLENESS!!!! Hope you're doing well post-holiday, and I'll talk to you soon! :)

torri said...

Val you are so gorgeous! What a beautiful family. Love the pictures. :)